- BTA treatment – Benzotriazole treatment of a bronze age axe under vacuum (3% in IMS).
- Tannic acid – Passivation of remaining iron in a Saxon shield boss, using tannic acid (5%).
- Formic acid – Removal of copper corrosion on marine excavated silver coins, using formic acid (10%).
- Chelation – Iron corrosion removal on an Indonesian dagger, using Disodium EDTA (10% pH6). Chelation tests using methyl cellulose gels with varying viscosities and pH values on brass.
- Desalination – Marine excavated signal cannons desalinated using sodium sesquicarbonate (5%).
- Patination – tests on copper tokens using hot and cold patination techniques.
- Thorough research and relevant testing prior to treatment.
- Close monitoring and accurate note taking.
- Health and safety in the workplace.
- Adapting the treatment according to results.